KFI Seeks Part-Time Administrative Coordinator
The Kohler Foundation, a non-profit organization located in Kohler, WI, has long supported the arts and education. The Foundation’s work encompasses five major areas of concentration: art preservation, grants, scholarships, performing arts through the Distinguished Guest Series, and management of the Waelderhaus, a historic home.
The Kohler Foundation is currently seeking a part-time administrative coordinator to assist in the orderly and efficient management of our office and to support our program initiatives. This is an exciting opportunity for a talented, well organized, detail oriented, and dependable administrative professional who appreciates a team approach. The ideal candidate will have experience with financial spreadsheets, compilation of materials for meeting books, as well as dealing with the public. The position offers great variety and an opportunity to work across functional areas.
Candidates must be proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, and Publisher. Demonstrated success in time management and strong written and verbal communications are required. Accuracy and attention to detail, along with confidentiality and a professional demeanor, are essential.
This is a unique opportunity for a motivated individual who enjoys the arts and appreciates supporting community programs through grants and scholarships. The position offers some flexibility, 20-25 hours per week, within an afternoon work schedule.
To apply directly or for more information, contact Terri Yoho, Executive Director of the Kohler Foundation, by email: terri.yoho at kohler.com.
Please note that this is not a Kohler Co. position but rather a Kohler Foundation position.
1. Handle phone calls, messages, opening, and distribution of mail.
2. Assist in scheduling meetings.
3. Manage the ordering and inventory of office supplies.
4. Assist with scheduling service and maintenance of office equipment.
5. Maintain files and send meeting announcements.
6. Assist staff members with correspondence, meeting schedules, etc.
7. Manage Fed Ex shipments
8. Make travel arrangements for staff
9. Courier documents and materials on and off the Kohler campus
10. Maintain files of newspaper clippings and other media reports related to Kohler Foundation programs and activities.
11. Accept phone orders for Distinguished Guest Series
12. Assist with management of financial records, assist in preparation of financial documents and meeting books, compile and coordinate financial data from preservation projects.
13. Assist Executive Director, Accountant, Program Director, and other staff members on projects as assigned.
14. Access Database, assist with management, data entry, and reports
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS
1. Minimum of an associate degree or equivalent experience.
2. Must be detailed oriented and extremely well organized.
3. Excellent computer skills required (Microsoft Office Suite, including Access). Graphic design skills desirable.
4. Needs to be self-directed and able to prioritize and work within deadlines.
5. Contact with the public requires good communication skills and a professional demeanor.
6. Confidentiality is of the utmost importance.
7. Position approximately 20 hours per week